Typography is perhaps one of the most imperative components for any visual communicator. The right type of font in many ways can determine the characteristics of the individual who chose to utilize a particular font within their design. So it comes to no surprise that when I received this book from my best friends for my birthday, being the typo fanatic that I am, my attention span completely waned from everyone else around as I devoted my thoughts toward this book. This book was compiled by Taschen, and it chronicles fonts which were developed during the years 1628 - 1900, with volume two being released later on in the year, focusing on more contemporary typefaces such as Helvetica.

This really is the Bible for people who have a deep, pensive interest in typography and don't worry there's not a single trace of comic sans, which I'm sure Charlie Brooker would be delighted with.

























No comments:

Post a Comment