Library Art Book

My library project was based on a traveling book i found years ago in Glasgow. These books basically get left somewhere and you pick them up, read them, write something and then leave somewhere for someone else to find. I found mine on the wall of the GSA Mackintosh building, i spent ages pouring over all the stories people had left. I can only imagine who has it now, and that's what's so brilliant about these books.

I decided that it had potential for an advertising campaign so i took a lot of inspiration from artists books and made up this ode to J.D.Salinger (who died the day after i decided to do Catcher in the Rye) Here are some pictures of me binding it, i used both Coptic Stitch binding and Japanese Stab binding techniques. It was so much fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment